- Terms & Conditions for Online Offers to Purchase
- Shipping Policy
- Return Policy
- Vestaboard Limited Warranty
- Terms of Service for the Vestaboard Service
- Terms & Conditions for Customer Content
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ONLINE OFFERS TO PURCHASE
Please read all of these terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully before submitting your order for a Vestaboard, Inc. smart messaging display and any accessories (each, a "Product"). By submitting your order, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms.
As explained in these Terms in more detail:
- These Terms provide that all disputes related to these Terms will be resolved by BINDING ARBITRATION. YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under this contract (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court). Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury and your claims cannot be brought as a class action. Please review the Arbitration Agreement in Section 18 for the details regarding your agreement to arbitrate any disputes arising under these Terms.
- By submitting your order, you are offering to purchase Vestaboard from us. We may reject your offer and refund all amounts paid by you.
- Specifications for our Products may change from the specifications currently published on our website.
- Shipping of the Products may be significantly delayed.
- Using the Product requires an active Internet connection and an account for Vestaboard Services. Use of the Vestaboard Services is subject to the Vestaboard Terms of Service.
- Vestaboard's liability is limited.
- Order and Acceptance. Each order you submit for a Product constitutes an offer to purchase that Product. Orders are subject to Vestaboard’s acceptance and may be rejected at any time and for any reason at Vestaboard’s discretion. If Vestaboard rejects your offer, Vestaboard will, as your sole and exclusive remedy and Vestaboard’s sole and exclusive liability, refund the amount you paid as described in Section 4. Once your Products are ready to ship, Vestaboard will send you an email to the address provided by you to indicate your order has been accepted and you will be required to pay any outstanding fees for shipment or taxes. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding Vestaboard’s order acceptance policy, or if you believe that your order was rejected in error, please contact Vestaboard at email@example.com. If you do not provide confirmation of your shipping information within 30 days of Vestaboard’s request, Vestaboard may, at its sole discretion, provide you a full refund of the amount you paid or continue to attempt to contact you. Vestaboard will make reasonable efforts to contact you to provide a refund after that 30 day period, but if Vestaboard does not receive a response from you within 90 days of Vestaboard’s confirmation of your order, or if Vestaboard is not able to process your refund after that 30 day period for any reason, then Vestaboard will treat the amount that you paid as unclaimed property in accordance with applicable law.
- Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to offer to purchase a Product. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that you are at least 18 years old. If you are offering to purchase a Product on behalf of an entity, organization, or company, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that organization to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of that organization.
- Payment. In order for your offer to be eligible for Vestaboard’s acceptance, you must pay the amount for the Product elected by you as set forth on the Vestaboard website by credit card, or any other payment method designated on our website. Payment does not guarantee acceptance of your order.
- Specifications; refunds prior to shipment. We want you to be totally happy with the Product, but please be aware that the specifications for the Products may change prior to shipping. If you request a refund at any time before we accept your order, you must use our refund request form available online and we will process it not later than 45 days following submission of your request, and we will refund the full amount you paid as a deposit. Once we have accepted your offer to purchase, the policy in the immediately preceding sentence no longer applies. Instead, Vestaboard’s Return Policy and Limited Warranty will apply.
- Shipping and Delay. We have estimated our shipping to be the month of shipment referenced on our website at the time you have purchased your product. Actual shipping will depend on a variety of factors including the unprecedented nature of COVID-19, our manufacturing schedule, the date of your order, your completed payment of shipping and taxes, and when we accept your completed order. You will be required to pay all shipping charges for the location of the address you provide at the time of delivery. You must also pay all tariff, import, customs, tax, and other charges applicable in your jurisdiction.
- Taxes. Sales tax, import duties and international taxes for your region or country will either (a) be applied to the price of the goods as displayed on the website and prepaid by you; or (b) specified as your responsibility at the time of your offer to purchase for your destination country. Please check with your state and country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to completing your order. If you have already placed an order and discovered that such taxes make your order untenable for you, please contact Vestaboard Support to rescind your order, and we will refund the amount you paid in connection with your order.
- Export Control. You acknowledge that Products may be subject to export control laws and other laws and regulations of the United States and other countries, and that if Vestaboard ships a Product to you, the Product may be impounded or otherwise confiscated by customs or other authorities. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable export control laws and regulations. You represent that you will not export, re-export, or transfer indirectly or directly any Product outside of the United States without obtaining proper authorization from the applicable government agencies. Without limiting the immediately preceding sentence, you will not export, re-export, or transfer directly or indirectly any Product to: (i) an embargoed/terrorist supporting country, including Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, or any other such country as determined by the US government; (ii) a person or entity barred by the US Government on export activity lists, including persons or entities on the Treasury Department Specially Designated National List, Entities List, and Denied Persons List; or (iii) any destination for an end use that is prohibited by applicable law. You will defend and hold Vestaboard harmless against all claims, damages, or liability resulting from breach of the foregoing.
- Use of the Product; Vestaboard Services. You represent that the Product you have offered to purchase is for your own use and not for resale. Use of the Product may be subject to local laws, regulations, and ordinances in your jurisdiction, including air quality laws, noise control laws, and other health and safety laws. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws. It is your responsibility to determine whether your use of the Product complies with local laws, regulations, and ordinances. You may request information about the Product from Vestaboard to assist you in making your determination, but Vestaboard will not be liable for errors in that information or for your determination. If you do not have sufficient information to determine whether your use of the Product will comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, then you should not offer to purchase the Product. If you rescind your offer prior to our acceptance of it, we will refund to you the full amount you paid in connection with your offer. You must also use the Product in strict accordance with the documentation provided together with the Product. The Products will not work without an Internet connection and an account on the Vestaboard Services unless otherwise provided. Use of the Vestaboard Services is subject to the terms of service for the Vestaboard Services. If you violate the terms of services, you may not be able to use the Product or certain features of the Vestaboard Product. Vestaboard will not be liable for your inability to use the Product, and your sole and exclusive remedy will be to request a refund if allowed by the Vestaboard Return Policy.
- Intellectual Property. Vestaboard and its licensors own all intellectual property rights in the Products. If Vestaboard accepts your order for a Product, you will acquire no interest or rights in Vestaboard’s intellectual property, and your use of the Product will be subject to the Vestaboard Terms of Service and other additional license terms and restrictions that will be provided together with the Product. Vestaboard reserves all rights in and to the Products not granted expressly in these Terms or other additional license terms.
- Limited Warranty and Disclaimer. By placing your order you acknowledge and agree that you have reviewed the Vestaboard limited warranty for the Product you offered to purchase, and that you accept that limited warranty. EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED BY VESTABOARD’S LIMITED WARRANTY, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT GUARANTEED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND VESTABOARD HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. VESTABOARD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF ANY PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERRORS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED. VESTABOARD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY PRODUCT COMPLIES WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS OR REGULATIONS IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCT.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL VESTABOARD BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRODUCT, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF VESTABOARD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. You agree that if any lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted under these Terms, the aggregate liability of Vestaboard and its affiliates and suppliers to you for all claims arising out of or related to these Terms or your use or inability to use a Product will not (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount you paid to Vestaboard for that Product. These limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose. Each provision of these Terms that provides for a limitation of liability, disclaimer of warranties, or exclusion of damages is to allocate the risks under these Terms between the parties. This allocation is an essential element of the basis of the bargain between the parties.
- Indemnity. You alone are responsible for the manner in which you use the Product. You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Vestaboard and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, and suppliers ("Indemnities") from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (a) your use of, or alleged use of, any Product; (b) your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity right; or (d) any dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of that claim.
- Force Majeure. If Vestaboard accepts your offer to purchase a Product, Vestaboard will not be liable to you for any delay, including any delay due to an event beyond Vestaboard’s reasonable control, such as an act of God, terrorism, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of Vestaboard’s control.
- Modification of these Terms. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. If a change to these Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, you will be required to accept the modified Terms in order for your order to remain valid. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
- Controlling Law and Severability. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflict of law principles. These Terms will not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of these Terms to be unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Generally. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Vestaboard in the most expedient and cost effective manner, you and Vestaboard agree that every dispute arising in connection with these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND VESTABOARD ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
- Exceptions. Despite the provisions of Section 17(f), nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either party to: (a) bring an individual action in small claims court; (b) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (c) seek injunctive relief in a court of law; or (d) to file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
- Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Vestaboard will be settled under the Federal Arbitration Act, and governed by the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting Vestaboard.
- Notice; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by certified U.S. Mail or by Federal Express (signature required) or, only if such other party has not provided a current physical address, then by electronic mail ("Notice"). Vestaboard’s address for Notice is: Vestaboard, Inc., 1777 Yosemite Avenue Suite 220, San Francisco CA 94124, USA. The Notice must: (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). The parties will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Vestaboard may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or Vestaboard must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If the dispute is finally resolved through arbitration in your favor, Vestaboard will pay you the highest of the following: (i) the amount awarded by the arbitrator, if any; (ii) the last written settlement amount offered by Vestaboard in settlement of the dispute prior to the arbitrator’s award; or (iii) $1,000.
- Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, Vestaboard will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in San Mateo County, California, USA, but if the claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (a) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (b) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (c) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse Vestaboard for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
- No Class Actions. YOU AND VESTABOARD AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Vestaboard agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
- Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. If Vestaboard makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to Vestaboard’s address for Notice, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Vestaboard’s address for Notice, in which case your account with Vestaboard will be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected will survive.
- Enforceability. If Section 17(f) is found to be unenforceable or if the entirety of this Section 17 is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 18 will be null and void and, in that case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described below will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
- Contact Information. Vestaboard, Inc. is located at 1777 Yosemite Avenue Suite 220, San Francisco, CA, USA. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vestaboard ("we" and "us") is the operator of vestaboard.com and associated pages ("Website"). By placing an offer to purchase through this Website, you will be agreeing to the terms below. These are provided to ensure both parties are aware of and agree upon this arrangement to mutually protect and set expectations on our service.
- General. Your Product will be made and shipped for the month specified at the time you place your offer to purchase.
- Shipping Costs. Shipping costs are calculated during checkout based on weight, dimensions and destination of the items ordered. Payment for shipping will be collected at the time you place your offer to purchase. This will be your final shipping cost unless you change your ship to address prior to delivery or a reshipment becomes necessary due to failed delivery.
- Returns. Vestaboard has a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return and obtain a refund. To be eligible for a return, your order must be returned to us in the same condition as received, with all labels still applied, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase. Learn more about our Return Policy here.
- Delivery Terms
- Transit Time Domestically. In general, domestic shipments are in transit for 2-7 days once we have received your Product in our 3rd party logistics facility. Note that your actual delivery month is based on the month specified at the time you place your order.
- Transit Time Internationally. Generally, orders shipped internationally are in transit for 4-22 days once we have received your Product in our 3rd party logistics facility. Note that your actual delivery month is based on the month specified at the time you place your offer to purchase.
- Dispatch Time. Orders are made and dispatched in the month specified at the time of your offer to purchase and pending our manufacturing schedule.
- Change Of Delivery Address. For change of delivery address requests, we are able to accommodate change of address requests any time before the order has been dispatched.
- P.O. Box and Military Address Shipping. Vestaboard is unable to ship to P.O. box addresses or military addresses.
- Items Out Of Stock. If an item is out of stock, we will dispatch the in-stock item(s) immediately and send the remaining item(s) once ready for delivery.
- Delivery Time Exceeded. If delivery time has exceeded the forecasted arrival, please contact us so we can conduct an investigation.
- Delivery Reshipments: Should you be unable to receive delivery for any reason resulting in your order being returned to our partner warehouse after multiple delivery attempts, a $99 reshipping fee will be applied to send your Vestaboard a second time.
- Tracking Notifications. Upon dispatch, customers will receive a tracking link to follow the progress of their shipment based on the latest updates made available by the shipping provider.
- Parcels Damaged In Transit. If you find a parcel is damaged in transit, if possible, please reject the parcel from the courier and get in touch with our customer service. If the parcel has been delivered without you being present, please contact customer service for next steps.
- Duties & Taxes. Sales tax, import duties and international taxes for your region or country will either (a) be applied to the price of the goods as displayed on the website and prepaid by you; or (b) specified as your responsibility at the time of your offer to purchase for your destination country.
- Cancellations. We are able to accept cancellations at any time before the order has been dispatched in accordance with our terms and conditions for online purchase. If an order has already been dispatched, please refer to our Return Policy.
- Insurance. Parcels are insured for loss and damage up to the value as stated by the courier. We will process a refund or replacement after the courier has completed their investigation into the claim if damaged in transit. We will process a refund or replacement after the courier has conducted an investigation and deemed the parcel lost.
- Customer service. For all customer service enquiries, please submit an enquiry at vestaboard.com/help.
Vestaboard has a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. To be eligible for a return, your order must be returned to us in the same condition as received, with all labels still applied, and in its original packaging. You'll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, visit vestaboard.com/returns. If your return is accepted, we'll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
- Damages and issues. Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
- Refunds. We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. Vestaboard will refund the value of the goods returned but will NOT refund the value of any shipping paid. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
VESTABOARD LIMITED WARRANTY
Vestaboard, Inc.("Vestaboard") extends the following Limited Warranty to use cases at home and in small businesses (defined as organizations or businesses with 50 employees or fewer). If you require additional information about warranty or service contracts for any other type of use case, please contact us.
Any other use of the Vestaboard shall void this Limited Warranty. During the applicable Limited Warranty periods described below, the covered components of the Vestaboard will be free of defects or malfunctions during normal use. Certain exclusions apply, as further described in this Limited Warranty.
The Limited Warranty applies only against defects discovered within the applicable Limited Warranty period and only so long as the Vestaboard remains in the possession of the original purchaser, or, for a gifted Vestaboard, the owner of the original digital account attached to that Vestaboard.
Vestaboard warrants the components and all original parts of the Vestaboard against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 24 months from the date of original delivery. Vestaboard is not warranted against normal wear and tear or cosmetic degradation and it is important that you maintain the Vestaboard according to our recommended care instructions. Please refer to Vestaboard’s guide on maintaining your Vestaboard here.
For a Vestaboard originally installed by an authorized Vestaboard technician, Vestaboard will cover the labor cost for the repair or replacement made under this Limited Warranty for a period of 24 months from the date of original delivery. Except where applicable law requires otherwise, repair labor is not covered for locations where Vestaboard did not originally install the Vestaboard or if the Vestaboard is moved to a location that is outside of Vestaboard's service area.
Exclusions and Limitations
Who and what is covered:
The original owner of the Vestaboard. The Vestaboard must remain in the possession of the original purchaser, or, for a gifted Vestaboard the owner of the original digital account attached to that Vestaboard. This Limited Warranty is not transferable. If a defect arises in the Vestaboard or a warranted component within the applicable Limited Warranty period, the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy is for Vestaboard to, at Vestaboard’s discretion to the extent permitted by law, either replace or repair the defective or malfunctioning Vestaboard or component with the same or a comparable model. Any replacement or repaired component shall be warranted for the remainder of the original Limited Warranty period or 30 days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period that is required by applicable law.
What is NOT covered:
Any other Vestaboard products or services, non-Vestaboard products or labor, units that are, or that Vestaboard reasonably believes to be, stolen, counterfeit, or purchased from an unauthorized distributor or reseller, units purchased or used outside the U.S. or Canada, and units missing serial numbers. Software, even if sold with or embedded in the Vestaboard, or Internet connectivity. Vestaboard does not warrant that the operation of the Vestaboard will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Damage or component failure due to normal wear and tear, improper or negligent handling, maintenance, installation, relocation, or repair (other than that caused by a Vestaboard authorized service technician), use of the Vestaboard with parts or accessories from third parties, or with parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the Vestaboard, or any use contrary to the instructions at vestaboard.com/help.
Damage or equipment failure due to any kind of accident, abuse, improper or abnormal use, neglect, corrosion, discoloration of paint or plastic (or any other change in cosmetic appearance that does not affect performance), theft, vandalism, fire, flood, wind, lightning, freezing or other natural disasters or acts of God of any kind, electrical wiring, power reduction, power fluctuation or power failure from whatever cause, unusual atmospheric conditions, collision, introduction of foreign objects, or modifications that are unauthorized or not recommended by Vestaboard.
Incidental or consequential damages. Vestaboard is not responsible or liable for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, economic loss, loss of property or profits, loss of enjoyment or use, or other consequential damages of any nature whatsoever in connection with the purchase, use, repair or maintenance of equipment or parts. Vestaboard does not provide monetary or other compensation for any such repairs or replacement parts costs, including but not limited to advertising fees, work time lost, cost of substitute equipment, diagnostic visits, maintenance visits or transportation.
Any attempt to move or repair Vestaboard creates a risk of injury and property damage. Vestaboard is not responsible or liable for any damage or injury incurred during, or as a result of, any move, repair or attempted repair of equipment by anyone other than a Vestaboard authorized service technician. All moves or repairs attempted by you or your agents are undertaken AT YOUR OWN RISK and Vestaboard shall have no liability for any injury to person or property arising from such attempted moves or repairs. In addition, labor may no longer be covered if you move outside of Vestaboard's service area.
Where permitted by law, replacement units, parts and electronic components reconditioned to as-new condition by Vestaboard or its vendors may sometimes be supplied as warranty replacement and constitute fulfillment of warranty terms.
Extended Warranty Service
Extended warranty coverage is available for purchase in 2021. For more information, please visit vestaboard.com/help for details.
How to Obtain a Warranty Service
To be eligible for service under this Limited Warranty you must contact the Vestaboard Support team. You will be asked to provide Vestaboard with the serial number of your Vestaboard and the dated receipt, or other proof of purchase indicating the date purchased, upon discovering any nonconformity or defect. Claims must be made within the specified warranty period.
Any disputes between you and Vestaboard related to this Limited Warranty or the Vestaboard will be governed by the then-current dispute resolution procedures in Vestaboard’s Terms of Service, available here.
*This limited warranty is the exclusive warranty given by Vestaboard and supersedes any prior, contrary or additional representations. All other warranties, express or implied, including any statutory warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are disclaimed except to the extent prohibited by law. In such event, such warranty is limited to the duration of the warranty periods set forth above. This exclusion applies even if this warranty fails of its essential purposes and regardless of whether damages are sought for breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, or strict liability in tort or under any other legal theory. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other legal rights, which vary from state to state.
TERMS OF SERVICE FOR THE VESTABOARD SERVICE
(Website, Mobile Applications, Web Services and API)
This website, mobile applications, web services and our API is operated by Vestaboard, and collectively we refer to these as the Vestaboard Services. Throughout the Services, the terms "we", "us" and "our" refer to Vestaboard. Vestaboard offers the Vestaboard Services, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site, using any of the applications or services, and/or purchasing something from us, you engage in our "Service" and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service", "Terms"), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all uses of the Vestaboard Services, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our Vestaboard Services. By accessing or using any of the Vestaboard Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access or use the Vestaboard Services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Vestaboard Services following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
SECTION 1 - TERMS
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature. A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
SECTION 2 - GENERAL CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
SECTION 3 - ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
SECTION 4 - MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time. We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
SECTION 5 - PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Vestaboard Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
SECTION 6 - ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the email and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed. For more detail, please review our Return Policy.
SECTION 7 - OPTIONAL TOOLS
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
SECTION 8 - THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
SECTION 9 - USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, 'comments'), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e‑mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
SECTION 10 - PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECTION 11 - ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
SECTION 12 - PROHIBITED USES
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the Vestaboard Services or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
SECTION 13 - DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of the Vestaboard Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Vestaboard Services will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the Vestaboard Services is at your sole risk. The Vestaboard Services and all products and services delivered to you through the Vestaboard Services are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall Vestaboard, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
SECTION 14 - INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Vestaboard and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
SECTION 15 - SEVERABILITY
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
SECTION 16 - TERMINATION
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
SECTION 17 - ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
SECTION 18 - GOVERNING LAW
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States.
SECTION 19 - CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at email@example.com.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visithttp://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Finally, we collect information from social media users such as public uploads and posts, including publicly posted photographs. With such assets, we process name, social media username, physical address (if available), email-address (if available), IP address, and geo location (if available).
How do we use your personal information?
We use information such as your username or email address from Social Media Users that use Vestaboard hashtags and/or @Vestaboard mentions or Vestaboard-branded location tags that you have included in your social media posts to communicate with you or to use your content for our marketing purposes. Such data is used with your consent only.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use information such as your username or email address from social media users that use Vestaboard hashtags and/or @Vestaboard mentions or Vestaboard-branded location tags that you have included in your social media posts to communicate with you or to use your content for our marketing purposes. Such data is used with your consent only.
Sharing your personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. -- you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page here.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Vestaboard Services, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. We will also retain data related to the use of the Vestaboard Services.
The Vestaboard Services is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Attn: Legal Officer
1777 Yosemite Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94124