If you are connecting your Vestaboard to Wi-Fi, the time to come online can vary depending on network settings, even if we indicate your Vestaboard is offline initially.
IMPORTANT: We recommend waiting as long as five minutes to see if your first message appears. Do not attempt to delete the Vestaboard from your settings or attempt to re-connect to the device unless you have waited at least five minutes.
Before preparing to re-connect, please first verify the following criteria are met:
- Your preferred Wi-Fi network is active and functioning as expected independently.
- You are within 10 feet of your Vestaboard.
- Your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network that you want your Vestaboard to be connected to.
- Your mobile device is not on airplane mode, and cellular connection and data are enabled.
- Your mobile device's location-based services are turned on.
- Your preferred Wi-Fi network has a password associated with it and is being entered correctly.
When standing in front of your Vestaboard and ready to re-connect, tap the gear icon in the lower right corner of the mobile app to access your Settings. Tap Manage next to Paired Network and proceed through the prompts to pair your Vestaboard via Wi-Fi:
After submitting your password and getting dropped back into the Settings section, give the mobile app up to a minute to catch up and show an updated "Online" connection status before attempting again.
If you continue to experience issues after attempting to re-connect:
- Confirm the hotspot is broadcasting an access point. To be sure your Vestaboard hotspot is broadcasting, power cycle by unplugging and plugging back in. Once fully rebooted, check to see whether you see the Vestaboard hotspot as an available network on your laptop or mobile device (e.g.,Vestaboard-XXXXXXXX).
- Connect via ethernet. If you have confirmed your Wi-Fi network is active, are confident your password has been entered correctly and are still unable to connect via the hotspot, try establishing a connection via an ethernet cable to get your Vestaboard online. This will also help our onboarding team facilitate more troubleshooting techniques remotely.
- Schedule time with an onboarding specialist. If unsuccessful after running through each of the steps above, contact us to schedule a real-time troubleshooting video session.