- Create a free account.
- Browse the IFTTT website or app to find something that interests you.
- Connect the services that are involved in the applet or connection.
- Find more applets and connections, and repeat!
To connect your Vestaboard(s) to IFTTT, first sign into web.vestaboard.com, navigate to the Installable Beta section, and enable IFTTT from the Discover section.
Make sure you have selected the appropriate Vestaboard in the top right corner of web.vestaboard.com before configuring.
Once enabled, the IFTTT installable will pass over to ifttt.com/vestaboard to configure as many applets as you'd like. Start by clicking the Create button, which will drop you into IFTTT's "If This, Then That" configuration wizard:
A couple of important reminders as you are configuring:
- Vestaboard will always be the THEN THAT service, so start by clicking Add from the IF THIS portion to find available third-party services to send content to your Vestaboard.
- If you control more than one Vestaboard in your account, make sure to select the right Vestaboard from the dropdown when configuring the Post to Vestaboard portion.
- The applet will not start unless you click the Finish button on the Review page and then mark the applet as Connected.
- You can run up to 3 live applets at a time with a free IFTTT account or become an IFTTT Pro user for unlimited applets.
Looking for inspiration for your Vestaboard? Here are some of our favorites:
- Daily calendar reminders from Google Calendar
- Local weather reports from Weather Underground
- News updates from popular RSS feeds (try these suggestions)
- Tweets from specific handles on Twitter
- Now playing from Amazon Alexa
- Just played from Spotify
- “Hey Google, change Vestaboard to..” from Google Assistant
- Send a message from entering a specific geofence location
- Payment updates from Stripe
If you have any questions at all during configuration, please reach out and our support team would be happy to schedule a real-time screen share to help you get set up.